Today following an email trail to the site, I ended up reading 13 Life-Learnings from 13 Years of Brain Pickings, which is full of things that resonated with me, including the following:
- Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
- Build pockets of stillness into your life (ride your bike going nowhere in particular)
- Be as religious and disciplined about your sleep as you are about your work.
- When people tell you who they are, believe them. When people try to tell you who you are, don't believe them. You are the only custodian of your own integrity.
- Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.
A little dose of Brain Pickings could be my daily therapy, like my apple a day to keep the doctor away, but for the brain.